402.477.2323 info@ocia.org

Micro Grants

OCIA Research & Education

Research Micro Grant

Typical award amounts range from $500 to $3,000. Proposals must contain a research element and pertain to organic agriculture. Research results are to be communicated to OCIA R&E through a final report, which is then shared with OCIA members. Areas where organic research is encouraged, include: United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and Japan. This grant will not fund equipment, infrastructure (machinery, buildings), labor costs, or community gardens.

Educational Micro Grant

This is a new program, so the amount of the award will be determined on a case-by-case basis. The educational micro grant will fund educational resources relating to organic agriculture for school-aged children. Final reports should include a description of where and how your education materials were presented.

Apply for a Micro Grant

Submit a completed Research Micro Grant Application or Educational Micro Grant Application. Applications are reviewed every March 15th and November 15th by the board of directors. Please submit your completed application to info@ocia.org.

Distribution of Funds

Grant money (75%) is released upon acceptance of a proposal. Remainder of money (25%) is released once a final report is submitted.

Research

This Form Has Already Been Submitted!

Please go to Account > Edit Forms to edit this form. Thank you.

You haven't submit Certification Application

Please go to Account > Certification Application to submit form. Thanks

You haven't logged in.

Please login to access this page. Thanks

CONFIRM SUBMISSION

Thank you for submitting your organic certification application! OCIA looks forward to working with you.

For applicants who new or currently under suspension, please see the end of the page for some important notes.

An estimate for your 2020 certification and inspection fees was sent with the login information. Please promptly send payment to the address on the invoice. If you are a new applicant, OCIA will not review your file until payment is received.

If you are submitting hardcopies of any supporting documents, please mail them to the address on the invoice. Failure to submit required supporting documents may lead to delays in the review.

Once a complete file is received, OCIA will complete a pre-inspection review. During this process, OCIA will contact you if additional information is needed. Please respond to any communication from OCIA in a timely manner.

Please contact OCIA International if you have any questions.

New applicants: Please be reminded that as a new applicant, your operation currently cannot label or sell product as organic. If organic certification is granted, an organic certificate will be issued and product can then be sold as organic.

For farm operations, the inspector must see your crop in the field, so check-strips must be left in all fields requested for certification if any harvest occurs prior to inspection. For hay fields, any hay harvested prior to inspection cannot be certified as organic.

For suspended operations: Please be aware that no product can be sold as “organic” while suspended and previous product is no longer “organic.” For farm operations, any crops currently in storage are no longer organic and must be sold conventionally. Only crops harvested after reinstatement, if it is granted, may be sold as “organic.” Any crops harvested from fields prior to reinstatement must be sold conventionally.

Close Window

Submission Successful

Thank you for submitting your organic certification application! OCIA looks forward to working with you.

Close Window