Micro GrantsOCIA Research & Education
Research Micro Grant
Typical award amounts range from $500 to $3,000. Proposals must contain a research element and pertain to organic agriculture. Research results are to be communicated to OCIA R&E through a final report, which is then shared with OCIA members. Areas where organic research is encouraged, include: United States, Canada, Mexico, Latin America, and Japan. This grant will not fund equipment, infrastructure (machinery, buildings), labor costs, or community gardens.
Educational Micro Grant
This is a new program, so the amount of the award will be determined on a case-by-case basis. The educational micro grant will fund educational resources relating to organic agriculture for school-aged children. Final reports should include a description of where and how your education materials were presented.
Apply for a Micro Grant
Submit a completed Research Micro Grant Application or Educational Micro Grant Application. Applications are reviewed every March 15th and November 15th by the board of directors. Please submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distribution of Funds
Grant money (75%) is released upon acceptance of a proposal. Remainder of money (25%) is released once a final report is submitted.
- Buckwheat Variety Trials 2020 Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSjnYFbRjZs
- Buckwheat Variety Trials 2020 Final Report
- Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance 2019 Final Report
- Rocky Mountain Seed Alliance 2019 Seed School Flyer
- ORIS 2018 Final Report
- Koehler – Cole 2018 Final Report
- Tomato Grafting 2017 Final Report
- Natural Beekeeping 2017 Final Report
- Transitioning Workshop 2017 Final Report
- Weed Control in Organic Soybeans 2017 Final Report
- Natural Beekeeping PowerPoint 2017 Final Report
- Transitioning Workshop Agenda 2017 Final Report