The Organic Crop Improvement Association (OCIA International) is a nonprofit, member-owned, organic certification organization and an accredited world leader in the certified organic industry. OCIA provides certification services to thousands of organic farmers, processors and handlers in North, Central and South America, and Asia.
OCIA Certified Organic Agricultural Land:
- Over 1.2 million acres of certified organic farm land worldwide
Global Market Access with Accreditation/Assessment by:
- USDA for the U.S. National Organic Program (NOP) for US market access
- CFIA for the Canada Organic Regime (COR) for Canadian market access
- OCIA International is accredited by IOAS for the scope of product certification. Registration number: 30. Please refer to www.ioas.org/accreditation/accredited-bodies/ for current information. The latest accreditation certificate can be found here. IOAS accredits/assesses OCIA for ISO/IEC Guide 17065, the Canada Organic Regime (COR), and IACB European Union Equivalent Standards (EU), Reglamento técnico paral los productos orgánicos (RTPO), and Reglamento de la Ley de Productos Orgánicos (LPO) for Canada, European, Peru, and Mexico market access.
- MAFF to meet Japanese Organic Agricultural Standards (JAS) for Japan market access
- SENASA for the Technical Regulations for Organic Products for Peru market access
- Servicio Nacional de Sanidad, Inocuidad y calidad Agroalimentaria (SENASICA) for Reglamento de la Ley de Productos Orgánicos (LPO) for Mexico market access
Assisting growers/producers, processors, brokers, and traders to verify organic products for access to:
- Smithsonian Bird Friendly for coffee operations
- Shade-Grown for coffee operations under the OCIA Standards Program